APPLY FOR THE ACEYE SCHOLARS CLUB
The Africa Centre for Entrepreneurship and Youth Empowerment (ACEYE) with support from the Atlas Network and its partners are calling on young and aspiring leaders between the ages of 18-35 years to apply for the ACEYE Scholars Club (ASC) initiative.
Who can apply/ Eligibility Criteria
- Young and aspiring leaders in selected tertiary schools in Ghana. (University of Mines and Technology, University of Ghana, Ghana Institute of Journalism and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.)
- Those who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields, schools or communities.
- Those who are fed up with the level of economic hardship and are willing to make an impact.
- Those who want to contribute to shaping the destiny of Ghana in areas of politics, finance, economics, business, civil society, and many other areas.
- Persons who are eager to learn, network and share ideas with their peers and policymakers.
- Individuals who seek to be nurtured into their respective professions through career development opportunities.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 years at the time of the call for applications.
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of the 5-month program, which will take place from July to November 2022.
NB: Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
The call for applications is open from 13th June 2022 – to 2nd July 2022.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following by 2nd July 2022 at 23:59 GMT:
A copy of your resume / CV. This should not be longer than 2 pages (either in word format/ pdf format)
A selection committee will review the applications on a rolling basis. Please note that acceptance into the ACEYE Scholars Club is merit-based and competitive. Therefore, we encourage applicants to put in their best effort.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
- Professional achievement and professional growth
- Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
Interest in socio-economic issues affecting Ghana.
- Commitment and ability to contribute to global and national issues (assessed through essay)
What To Expect From Us
The ASC will:
- Empower you to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges
- Provide you with the tools and resources to build and engage in impactful projects
- Give you the platform to engage your peers through debates, group studies, etc
- Exposure and avenues to directly engage policymakers
- Provide you with networking opportunities.
- Provide you with personal and professional development opportunities.
- Certificate of completion after the ASC journey.
- A strong and vibrant alumni network
Please direct all questions you may have to email@example.com or call 0246023116.